Mind Your Head 2019
The Farm Safety Foundation works all year round to ensure young farmers (16-40 year olds) understand how to be safe on farms. To date, the Foundation has focused on the physical wellbeing of the farmer.
We were briefed to support the launch of the ‘Mind Your Head’ campaign, aimed at raising awareness of mental health amongst the farming community, and deliver brand coverage beyond specialist farming titles.
We devised impactful content for different channels to resonate with an audience of farmers who are conservative and not keen to open up and talk about mental health.
An emotive hero film highlighted the factors that can contribute to farmers’ mental state and urged farmers to speak out about their mental health + created a 10-second teaser video to build anticipation ahead of launch.
Social media campaign to start conversations with the audience.
Used celeb ambassador, international rugby referee Nigel Owens MBE, to drive national coverage.
- The campaign got the target audience talking openly about mental health.
- Facebook: 216k views of the campaign videos and a reach of 380k.
- Twitter: 456k impressions with 91,000 organic views of the film.
- Coverage extended beyond specialist farming publications into national and regional news.
- 69 TV and Radio including ITV News and Sky News Radio syndicated to over 150 UK regional stations including Heart FM network.
- 57 national print and online (including Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror, Metro).
- 99% positive sentiment.
The campaign won a CIPR Award, with the judges saying it “stood out because it tackled a taboo subject.”